Seal Calibration Ltd Terms and Conditions.
Seal Calibration Ltd when instructed will visit the Customer to test all of the equipment that has been specified for functionality, accuracy and safety. All work is in accordance with the manufacturers’ and/or governmental guidelines and Seal Calibration will calibrate the equipment to comply with such guidelines where necessary (“Services”).
Following its provision of the “Services” Seal Calibration will issue the Customer with a certification pack to include;-
- A certificate for each item of equipment tested. The certificate will indicate if the equipment has passed or failed. If equipment has failed, Seal Calibration strongly advises the Customer not to use the item of equipment and recommends that the equipment should be repaired or replaced. For items of equipment that have passed, Seal Calibration advises the Customer to have such equipment tested 6-12 months later. When items of equipment have passed this means that such items have met the minimum acceptable standards at the time they were tested. It does not confirm that the equipment will continue to function correctly. It is the Customer’s responsibility to keep equipment maintained and free from other defects.
- A summary of all equipment tested at the site.
- A job completion form.
- A Label on all items with a certificate reference number.
The Customer may at any time specify further items of equipment to be tested by Seal and they may remove any items that become obsolete or are broken from the Contract upon reasonable notification to Seal Calibration in advance of our next agreed visit.
Any new customers may be asked to complete a new Client form detailing all of their company details. Seal Calibration Ltd reserves the right run the necessary background checks.
Return to base
Courier collections from customers premises or home must be adequately packaged in a double lined cardboard box, well secured and packaged within the box. Seal Calibration is not responsible for insufficiently packaged items damaged in the normal process of delivery.
Pre-arranged collections must be made available at the premises reception or in the instance of collections being made from customers homes the customer must be in so a collection can be made otherwise the cost of a re-collection will be incurred.
Returns to customers will be made on weekdays during office hours, we aim to return all return to base items back to the customer as quickly as possible so if delivery’s are not possible on certain days or times please consult our team on 0115 9063131
Seal Calibration insures all parcels collected for return to base repair or calibration to the value of £100.00 + VAT. If your item has a value in excess of this value please call us on 0115 906 3131 to upgrade the level of insurance to match the value.
Payments & Credit Accounts
All payments must be made within the time specified on the invoice. The standard terms are 30 days upon receipt of invoice. Payment terms can be negotiated but this must occur prior to the completion of our “services”
New customers may be asked to pay via pro-forma before we set up a credit account. Seal Calibration Ltd Retention of title clause:
Certificates remain the property of Seal Calibration Ltd until the account is paid in full.
The failure by either party to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the Terms and Conditions herein shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce all Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
All notices under this Agreement shall be in writing and be deemed duly given if signed by, or on behalf of, a duly authorised officer of the Party giving the notice. Notices shall be deemed to have been duly given:
- When delivered, if delivered by courier or other messenger (including registered mail) during normal business hours of the recipient; or
- On the fifth business day following mailing, if mailed by national ordinary mail, postage prepaid; or
- On the tenth business day following mailing, if mailed by airmail, postage prepaid.
- Service by e-mail shall not be effective
It is a policy of both parties to comply with all laws and regulatory requirements affecting its business including anti-corruption and anti-bribery laws within the United Kingdom. Both parties shall:
- Comply with all applicable laws, statutes, regulations, and codes relating to anti-bribery and anti-corruption including but not limited to the Bribery Act 2010 (“Relevant Requirements”) that are applicable within the United Kingdom;
- Not engage in any activity, practice or conduct which would constitute an offence under sections 1, 2 or 6 of the Bribery Act 2010 if such activity, practice or conduct had been carried out in the UK;
- Have and shall maintain in place throughout the term of the Contract it’s own policies and procedures, including adequate procedures under the Bribery Act 2010, to ensure compliance with the Relevant Requirements of that Act and will enforce them where appropriate
- Promptly report to the other party any request or demand for any undue financial or other advantage of any kind received by that party in connection with the performance of the Contract;
- Breach of this clause shall be deemed a material breach of the Contract which is incapable of remedy and in the event of such a breach a party so affected shall have the right to immediately terminate Contract.